This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

What X Means to Me

07/01/10

Well, it's Alphabe-Thursday, and we all know what that means. You don't? Then click on Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursdays button in my sidebar and find out all about it, and while you're at it, read some really good writing!



X is for eXamples, the ones
we set for our children and those
with whom we share great love.

X for the eXtras, the ones we
give and receive, like knowing smiles
and unexpected warming hugs.

X is for the eXtraordinary
beauty of a night sky, fire flies
atwinkle in the dark back yard.

X is for eXtreme kindness, like
buying groceries for one who
clearly struggles to make ends meet.

X is for eXultation, the
pure joy of complete fulfillment
happiness oozing from each pore.

X is for Xanadu, that place
we never cease to long for in
our dreams and in our waking.

X is for an X-ray fish who
nearly transparent thrives in the
rivers of South America

X is for Xanax, the drug that
soothes our anxiety when we
are overwhelmed with sadness.

X is for Xavior, Saint
Francis who with a few others
founded the Society of Jesus.

X is for eXhuastion, the kind that
come comes with making love on a
hot afternoon in September.

X is for the X chromosome
that makes me a woman, happy
as I am to be one, happy indeed.


This Post is Linked to Alphabe-Thursdays Button on left!

17 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

And that just about covers it!

X-cellent!

=)

Unknown said...

eXtremely witty!

laterg8r said...

love the x chromosome :D

Terra said...

Love your x's - I think we shared a couple.

jeff campbell said...

CJ...what a beautiful and well thought out post...very nice...peace and blessings

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great post.Have a wonderful 4th. Debbie

Unknown said...

I love all your x's. What a wonderful post.

Weezer said...

Whew! What time and thought you put into this. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I found out about these projects late and thought it might be too late for me to get my mind wrapped around all of this. Nicely done.
Thanks for visits to my blog. I'm enjoying this blogging stuff so much. Have a great rest-of-the-week, claudia.

Unknown said...

What an Xtremely Xcellent post!
Blessings,
Catherine :)

Cheryl D. said...

Love your post! X-cellent!

mrs. c said...

What a grest post! Love the poem! Thanks for sharing.

The Muse said...

Smiles abound...yes you have named some glorious things that make our lives gems...Beautiful creations that take our breath away!
Marvelous!

Blessings From The Muse
A Diva's Hammer Prose
X Post:
~Excursion of Xeranthemum~

Jo said...

that was a whole lot of X! very well done!!

Sarah said...

I think you've got X covered. Great job! ~ Sarah

Cheryl said...

This was just beautiful. So expressive and evocative.

Christy said...

What a great way to use X - very eXpressive and now I feel I know you a bit more.

Jenny said...

I don't know what happened to my comment last week! I'm just double checking cuz there were a few problems!

First of all, I'm so happy the linking is working OK for you now! Thanks for being patient with me on this!

This was such an Xcellent stop on our little journey through Alpahbe-Thursday's letter "X"!

It made me think!

And it made me X-stra happy that you take the time to help make this meme so Xtraordinary!

A+