This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'M CRACKING UP - A SATURDAY CENTUS

Crafty Jenny Matlock, the Mistress of Saturday Centus, is at it again, straying from her own boundaries into the world of no prompt except a photo.  Jenny?  Is that really you?

Each week we are (supposed) to be given a prompt from which we are to write a 100 word story, not counting the prompt.  The prompt is usually a phrase, but no, not this week.  It's a photo of an egg frying on the sidewalk.  Granted I can relate to that kind of heat.  After all, I live the heat belt of Georgia.  But, Really?

To read all about this meme, click on the Saturday Centus button on my sidebar.  And don't forget to click on Jenny's name above to find out what else she is up to.  Here is my contribution.



Help!  I’m Cracking Up.


The hand that plucked me 
out of the carton 
is taking me outside.
  
There’s more.  
She just knocked me against 
the concrete driveway 
Ouch!  My aching yolk.
Call 911! 

She’s pulling at the crack
she made, spilling me 
onto the hot driveway
no trace of Pam.
Does she know who I am?
I can take the heat
we all know that, but 
when she starts to turn me
I will, well, go SPLAT.
A scrambled mess I’ll be
Oh, where is my dignity?
I was meant to be eaten
Sunny Side Up, you see. 

© cj Schlottman

18 comments:

Ames said...

Hee hee! I know Pam!~Ames

Lynn said...

'Splat' is not a good thing! Fun poem-stay cool:@)

jeff campbell said...

Your are pulling some funny stuff here my friend...where is Pam when you need her? "the bomb"...you are the bomb cj...Peace and blessings

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

haha awesome poem

Sharon said...

Awesome take on the photo prompt! It made me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

CJ, I love this poem. It's great! I especially like your reference to Pam.
Be well.
xoRobyn

Nonna said...

Excellent poem ! I love it when you Write poems...gave me a good chuckle...poor wittle eggie, no stick Pam !!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

ha. Loved the way it is from the view of the egg. Great job.

Rinkly Rimes said...

What a great idea! Writing from the egg's point of view!

jfb57 said...

THIS IS BRILLIANT! Absolutely fabulous - you clever girl you!

Unknown said...

LOL! "Pam" had a cameo in my piece as well. This was terrific!

Susan Anderson said...

Love it, CJ!

=D

Jo said...

ha ha ha!!! I love the point of view this piece was written from! I just adored this!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Scrambled, and in public, no less- it IS rather undignified, isn't it?

Someone's gotta advocate for our ovoid friends...great job!

Tgoette said...

LOL! This was perfect, CJ! You had me feeling so sorry for the poor egg! Excellent job this week!

Gems said...

Splat! You hit the mark here...well done! Pam rocks.... :)

Unknown said...

Dear cj,

Wonderful! A poem written from the egg's point of view! Very funny, clever and even works as a poem!

Thank you for your kind words about my SC-post. You are also good at blending the fantastic with realism, as you have shown here.

I am behind in my comments because of all of the work with the move. Taking a break to amuse myself. Now all that remains is the clean-up and bills to pay.

Best wishes,
Anna

For the benefit of other readers:
'John Tell, expert on tourism' Anna's SC wk 65

Jenny said...

Bravo! Bravo! This was totally, wonderfully, fantastically brilliant!

I love, loved, loved this!

Still smiling over your creativity.