This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fries @ Small Stories and Stuff

This Centus will be my last for a while.  No, I’m not bailing out for good.  I have a new blog, and I am spending  more time on essays and poems.  I need to get “My Mismatched Life” off the ground, but that does not mean that I won’t be around to read some posts here and try to reply to as many as I can.  Just think of me as part of the wallpaper.  Those of you who have been with me a while, please visit and comment and/or email me constructive criticism - about format, content, anything you see that I can improve.


Now for my contribution for today:

Black Friday had steamrolled over Susan at her job at the Food Court’s most popular fast food spot.  The place was mobbed, her head spinning all day, punching in orders at such lightening speed that her fingertips were sore.
She pulled off her greasy uniform, and without a glance at the shower, fell into bed.  Sleep was a black hole, and she rode it’s winds into oblivion.  
“Bzzzzzzz.  Bzzzzzzzz.  The alarm clock sounded.  She pulled the cover over her head, praying it was a dream.
Then the phone chimed in.  She groped for it, pulling it to her ear.
“Would you like fries with that?”

9 comments:

Ames said...

Sorry to hear you won't be participating for a while CJ. I liked this centus too!~Ames

Judie said...

OMG! Are we cosmic twins???? Great post! And I love your new blog!!

xoxo,
J.

anitamombanita said...

Nicely done. I'll have to check out your new blog, for sure!

Rek Sesh said...

Quite similar to Judie's and yet different....as good as ever....I will read your poems every once in a while...take care. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's great, so real. I especially like the part about sleeping into oblivion.
xoRobyn

21 Wits said...

Oh well, I have a feeling you'll miss throwing these things together and having everyone check in on you and share their's as well...there's something about these kinds of blogs that keep your head from hitting against the brick wall all the time...it's like recess during school time when we need that little lift ...but best of luck to your new blog and poems and such...you are a great writer!

Susan Anderson said...

Nice one, CJ. I'll definitely be a regular at the new blog.

=)

Viki said...

Hopefully, she was just having a nightmare ha.

Jenny said...

CJ! How exciting for you with the new blog!

I love how so many of you used the Black Friday theme with this. I never even thought of it...probably because I've never been and I plan never to get involved with all that craziness!

Thanks for sharing CJ!