This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer with cj

Jenny Matlock hosts Saturday Centus, a writing meme in which we are allowed 100 words to write a little essay or story. Jenny gives us a prompt, and from there, we begin to build our submission for the week. Please click on the Saturday Centus button on my sidebar to join in. You will find some good writing that runs the gamut from silly to serious.





What I did over my Summer Vacation


I went to Miami, not to vacation, but to see to my son, who was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and nearly lost his hand. I got calls from the mental hospital where he went because he started hearing voices again.

I began my job with Hospice, and after two weeks, I was tossed from the high dive in to the deep end of the pool - ten patients for me to take over. I sweated and ministered and prayed and was prayed over. I did not drown. I’m still swimming and ready for whatever tomorrow brings.

I am grateful.



(Yes, this is true). Read more at The Red Sweater.

12 comments:

BECKY said...

Gosh, is this fact or fiction? If it's fiction, what an imagination you have....and if it's fact....I am so sorry to hear about your son! And your overwhelming work!

Malisa said...

Well, now you have me wondering fact or fiction? Hmmmm. If it is true, congratulation on not drowning! Keep floating, my friend!

I just posted my contribution. Please stop by!

Malisa

Bookie said...

Ah, one heck of a summer for anyone, even a fictional character!

Unknown said...

Wow, hope that was fiction...right?
Well you sure have an active imagination!

Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's Saturday Centus Week-16

Terra said...

Argh I need to get to know you better...I am thinking not entirely true? if it is true I owe you a totally different comment!

Cheryl said...

I'm so thrilled that the deep end is going swimmingly for you. Hope your son heals quickly.

Susan Anderson said...

I know this isn't fiction, and I am impressed with the way you have moved through a difficult summer.

You are a strong woman and a caring one. You deserve good things.

=)

jeff campbell said...

Such a fine post CJ...I am assuming it is fact from what I know of you...I wish you well with your new job...I know it will be great...Peace and so many blessings

Kat said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are still swimming. I just know that you are doing a fabulous job for your patients. And I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Those recluse bites are horrid. I hope that he is stabilizing. Hugs, Kat

Viki said...

It's been some kind of summer for you but your getting through it with flying colors. Good job.

RockiBottom said...

such a difficult summer and for you to leave it "grateful" speaks of your strength.

Jenny said...

CJ. I remember these things. It was quite a summer for you, wasn't it?

I admire how you live your life to the fullest!

You are really a force to be reckoned with.

This was a very inspiring Summer Essay.

Thank you for sharing it.