This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

We Are One year Old Today

Happy First Birthday, Saturday Centus! And thanks to Jenny for thinking it up and making it happen. It has accomplished exactly what she wished - brought out the writing skills of all of us who participate. We are a diverse group spanning several generations, but each of us has found a place here, a safe place to be creative, share our truths and (sometimes) vent. Today we celertate our first anniversary.

So, it is only fitting that this week’s prompt is "Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper..."

Here is my gift on this special day.

We Are One Year Old Today

Keyboards hum on Saturdays as Centusians tap out words meant to be posted along with the others on Jenny’s acclaimed world-class blog. Not a competition, no. Jenny’s classroom is a place to stretch and grow, learn from others’ posts, maybe stick out our necks a little. Points of view are amazingly varying, from the most modest post to the most (shall I say)? daring. Lovers of words, we take this meme to heart, give it our all, or sometimes all we’ve got.

Happy Anniversary to Jenny and all Centusians!

"Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper..," Paper we’ve got, I’m throwing in some scissors and a rock!


© cj Schlottman

18 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

I like the rock and scissors!

Susan Anderson said...

Great one, CJ. Loved it!

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha. good job. oh, but what is that on your nose. I kid. loved it.

Lynn said...

I love it, sums up the Centus well:@)

Judie said...

Just think about all the paper we have saved! Wonderful post!!!

Nonna Beach said...

Excellent and so heartfelt...I love it !!!

Bookie said...

How nice today!!! Just right!

Madge said...

Great post! You "rock" :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That should be our group cheer. Love your spunk. You said it so well for all of us.
xoRobyn

Porky said...

It is a great game, and the diversity is paper to scissors to rock. There's a wonderful sense of community, in this post too.

Deborah said...

Perfectly done! :o)

21 Wits said...

and all of us together are the glue that holds it altogether! Great post!

Jo said...

love the rock and scissors!!!

Jenny said...

I loved this! It is the sense of kind community that I like so well, too.

But my favorite thing is finding a quiet time and a cup of coffee and reading the links through...start to finish. It is an amazing journey each and every week.

I'm so glad you're doing it with us...because you are totally wonderful!

BECKY said...

How cute and so different! Loved it!

jabblog said...

LOL! I loved this:-)

Unknown said...

Lovely centus!
We owe a lot of fun and learning to Jenny and her great meme!
Your centus text sums up the gratitude many of us feel toward Jenny, with her gentle guidance, humour and untiring encouragement. She has inspired us to do our best and to be kind to each other too.
(Love the image of the rock-scissors-paper!)

I feel more confident about writing since I started SC, even though I was not among the first participants. I posted my first Saturday Centus text August 22nd,2010. So, for me, it has not been a whole year yet; but I have written and posted 44 centus texts!

Thank you for your kind words about my post. Bless you cj!

Best wishes & hugs,
Anna
For the benefit of other readers:
Anna's SC-52-Sanna's novel

Tgoette said...

Awww! This was such a fitting tribute for such a great meme/teacher! Perfect!