This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Not Always Easy

It’s Six Word Fridays time again, and Melissa’s prompt is “easy.”  To learn all about this meme and read the other entries, click on the Six Word Fridays button on my sidebar.  
I’m Writing Under the Influence of Lortab, so forgive me if my words are a little slurred.  To learn about why I’m saying “Yes” to drugs, please visit The Red Sweater.  The last two posts tell the sad tale.
Now, here’s my offering for today.


not always easy
sometimes a piece of work
drips off the ends of my
fingers   slides across my
keyboard & writes itself
at others   words wedged in
creases of my right brain 
   await excavation   
   conveyance to the page
words   my dearest lovers
   my worst of enemies
serve me at their pleasure
& make of me their slave




© cj Schlottman

7 comments:

ayala said...

I like this...sometimes a piece of workdrips..other times ....not so easy!

Anonymous said...

yes. I totally relate to this teeter totter we seem to be on. when it comes so easily, it almost makes the times when it doesn't seem worse by comparison.

Melissa Camara Wilkins said...

Words, those tormentors of scribes everywhere.
I feel that pain as well.

Susan Anderson said...

Ohhhhh, nice one, CJ.

=)

PS. Every writer's been there...

Jenny said...

Lortab and amazing writing - who knew? Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how words can pour out so easily and then at other times, stumble and freeze within.

Feel better. :)

jeff campbell said...

This is so good cj...my kind of writing...Peace