This publication is the exclusive property of cj Schlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cj Schlottman. All rights reserved.

Please Visit My Other Blogs!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

In The Ditch

My good friend Jenny Matlock has done done it now!  The thought of writing lyrics gives me heartburn.  Nonetheless, I have tried my best at this lyrical prompt, a verse to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."  The prompt is "In the Autumn."   


To find all about Jenny's creative meme, click on the Saturday Centus button on my side bar.  Once there, you can read this week's entries and follow Jenny's other blogs!


Here is my lame attempt at this week's challenge, and I do mean challenge.




In The Ditch


At this prompt I so do suck 
makes me want to run amuck. 
Jenny’s Tangent’s in the ditch 
‘cause I cannot scratch this itch. 
In the autumn air I find 
nothing that will come to mind.   


© cj Schlottman 2011

13 comments:

Judie said...

You silly!!! You did a wonderful job with this!!!

Lynn said...

You did a great job saying you don't know what to say while saying what you needed to:@)

Ames said...

Ha ha ha! Loved it!~Ames

Susan Anderson said...

Perfect. And I feel ya!

=)

Nonna said...

Excellent and so very original...Bravo !

Exactly how I felt when I first saw the challenge this week...still tickled and laughing !!!

Unknown said...

Methinks I smell a small revolt, an uprising of sorts, with this devilish prompt! This was terrific, btw!

Viki said...

Aww, it wasn't a lame attempt. I think you hit a home run. Very clever, ha.

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

greqat job I has trouble to with this

Deborah said...

Well I'm glad that came to mind because it was brilliant! :o)

Unknown said...

Well, even if you wrote this under protest, you got it to work, rhyme and it is singable.
Well done.
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC wk 72'In the Autumn'

Cheryl said...

This could have been titled "Rebel Yell!" I think you did a terrific job.

Dazee Dreamer said...

rriigghhtt...... you couldn't come up with anything. You did a great job. geez.

Jenny said...

You totally cracked me up with your 'nothing' that turned into quite 'something'.

This was really a cute link!

You're silly...and wonderful!